Just noticed some cracks on the sidewalls of the tires of my E class Mercedes. The tires were manufactured last week of 2013, installed on the car spring 2014.

Had them for 2.5 seasons, did not do more than 20.000 Km on them. Called my local tire center to ask for their advice. The guy on the phone asked straightaway if they were Continental. I went to see them to switch to something else and I was their 3rd customer of the day with cracked sidewalls on Continental tires.

Apparently it only happens to certain sizes but there cracking occurs regularly.

Not much consolation when it happens to you. One begins to question how can Continental be the constant winner of all those rigorous auto club tests...

Product or Service Mentioned: Continental Tires Contiecocontact 5 Tires.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Dangerous tires, Poor quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 02, 2016.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1193845

Go to "ntsb.gov" and in the upper right type in "continental tires." You will get a plethora of results. I didn't read any of the search results but look through them and see if any pertains to your problem.

You can also file a complaint about Continental at this site. It it the National Transportation Safety Board.